Anson pushrod fore-end latch: This pushbutton type latch is
commonly associated with the finest hand made guns. It has three major
1) It eliminates the large external latch from the bottom of the fore-end. The checkering can now wrap completely around the fore-end for a better grip. The appearance is much more elegant and functional than that of a traditional latch. You also avoid the problems of blueing wearing off and the fore-end latch becoming distractingly hot during extended shooting.
2) This type of latch is self adjusting as it wears.
3) There are fewer working parts to break or wear out.
2. Replaceable trunnions: The hinge point on an over-and-under is critical to long wear life. Our modular trunnions are forged from hardened steel and are easily replaceable if they become worn.
3. Rebounding hammers: Rebounding hammers are found on high-end double guns. They allow the firing pins to retract back into the receiver making the action easy to open after firing. They also prolong firing pin life.
4. Recoil shoulders: The recoil shoulder locks into the action making lock-up rock solid. It prolongs the action’s life while making it stronger. This feature must be fitted with great precision to make contact without causing friction while operating the action.
5. Conical locking lug: We utilize an extra heavy duty locking lug that is tapered to wear in as the gun is used. Additionally, the “Lumps”, the two lugs on the barrel that the locking lug engages, are the largest you will find in any over-and-under in our price range. The combination of these features make a Caesar Guerini lock-up like a bank vault.
6. Ejectors: The ejectors are designed to create reliable extraction and ejection. Oversized extraction cams create enough force to remove the most stubborn hulls. The rim of the ejectors are larger than our competitors’ ejectors to give superior grip on the cartridge rim. Disk ejector stops are strong and allow for easy removal of the ejectors for cleaning.
Barrels: Barrels are bored from solid Chromium Molybdenum (42
CrMo4) hardened steel bar stock. They are designed to be light weight
and every barrel contour is tuned for perfect weight distribution and
handling. All bores and chambers are chrome lined for easy cleaning
and rust resistance.
8. Safety sears: Our sears incorporate a secondary interceptor notch that catches the hammer to help prevent accidental discharges. It also acts as a anti doubling device.
9. Selective Safety: Our selective safety allows the firing sequence to be selected quickly and intuitively. If the first round does not fire you just move the safety on and back off and it automatically selects the second barrel without having to fumble with a selector.
10. Action tension: The stiffness of an action has a lot to do with the tension between the fore-end and receiver. This is very difficult to adjust or repair in most double guns. The Caesar Guerini over-and-under is designed with a special insert in the fore-end that allows the tension to be adjusted without any modification to the firearm.
11. Side plates: All Caesar Guerini side plated models incorporate screw less side plates, a feature usually found only on much more expensive firearms. Our precision machined side plates are exactingly fitted into the receiver eliminating any screws protruding into the stock. This attractive feature creates clean uninterrupted lines and a perfect canvas for engraving. It is also much more functional allowing the removal of the stock without having to deal with multiple tiny screws.
12. Frame / Receiver: The frame is shaped in the famous “Boss” Style with beautifully sculpted fences and bosses. You will not find a shotgun in this price range with a more elegantly sculpted frame. Every frame is machined from a solid steel forging and hardened to make the outside surface hard while leaving the core soft for maximum life.